What is the best format for it to be published? Over the years, I’ve used Microsoft Word in combination with Adobe Photoshop for graphics, but often when sharing it, some people couldn’t access it.
Fast-forward lots of years…this year I’ve switched to Google Slides…
We’ve all used Powerpoint to create a slideshow, and if you haven’t used Slides, it is just as easy. By changing the Page Setup to a custom size (I use 8″ x 10.5″) you can create a newsletter and easily download it as a .pdf file to share with others.
Here is a list of benefits to using Slides for your newsletter:
- all hyperlinks are active when converted to .pdf
- Create text boxes easily
- resize each box to fit your text
- align text boxes with precision
- SHARE editing rights with others
- copy and paste images into Slides, and easily resize and move
- layer images behind or in front of text
To access the sample newsletter that I’ve created, click here.
Here are a few tips:
- How to download to .pdf
- Go to File
- Download as
- Select PDF Document
- Insert Link
- To insert a link to an image: Select the image and click the link button.
- Change order of text and images to move in front or behind.
- Select the Image or Text Box
- Click Arrange
- Choose which placement you prefer
Good luck using this. Feel free to contact me if you have any issues.